Some owners may choose to charge an Incidentals Fee to cover costs such as cleaning, linen etc.
Amount & Reason for Fee: If an Owner chooses to charge an Incidentals Fee it must be detailed in the listing so members clearly know the fee before they make a booking enquiry. The reason for the fee is also given in the listing. Owners can create a custom reason for their fee or pick one of the standard reasons.
Strictly Monitored: This fee is strictly monitored by SwapNights and abuse of this facility to charge a defacto room rate will result in cancellation of listing and membership.
How The Fee Is Paid: The payment method of the Incidentals Fee is to be agreed between Owner and Guest. SwapNights.com does not facilitate this fee in any way.
How to add an Incidentals Fee to your listing:
1. Sign in to your account here: http://swapnights.com/en/login
2. Edit your listing Learn more
3. Enter the amount for the Incidentals Fee. The incidentals fee is normally a flat rate fee for the whole stay unless you state otherwise (by creating a custom fee - see below).
4. Select the currency you wish to be paid in (you can let your Guest know how this is to be paid as part of the booking conversation.
5. Tick a box for the 'Incidentals fee reason'. Cleaning is one standard reason provided.
6. You can also create a custom reason if you like by ticking the 'Custom reason' checkbox and entering a description in the field below.
7. Save your listing.
Incidental Fee Tips
- You can create a custom reason for a single reason or multiple items in the one reason.
- Be sure to state: (1) whether the fee is per person, per room or for all guests etc. and (3) whether the charge states is per night or for per stay.
- 'Linen (per person/stay)'
- 'Linen (per bed/night)'
- 'Airport transfer (up to four people, one way)'
- 'Cook/cleaner (per night)'
You can also combine more than one reason:
- Linen person per night; Optional: Flowers $20/stay
The following shows an Incidentals Fee being added. Note it is for $10/night linen fee and also mentions the option of a charge for fresh flowers per stay.