This article is designed for those SwapNights.com members who are transitioning to the new SwapNights.com website from the original site.
If you are just looking for instructions to reset your password, scroll down this article for the quick 3-step instructions.
If you are new to SwapNights, we suggest you skip this article and instead read the Introduction article here.
Key Features of the New SwapNights.com
Membership is now FREE
- SwapNights.com membership is now FREE
- If you had a membership subscription previously we have already cancelled this for you. You will not be charged another membership fee ever again.
- It is now free to join, free to list your property and free to have members stay at your property and earn 'SwapNights'.
- Members only pay a small booking fee when they book a stay. Learn more
No Direct Swap Required - Introducing 'SwapNights'
- You no longer have to find another property to arrange a direct swap with.
- When a member stays at your property you earn one 'SwapNight' per night they stay (you can think of a SwapNight like a 'currency' or 'point').
- When you are ready to travel, you redeem your SwapNights to stay wherever you want to go worldwide.
- If you do not have enough SwapNights for the stay you want to book you can buy 'Top Up SwapNights' from SwapNights.com. Learn more
- If you really want to only do a direct swap you still can, but each party will need to use SwapNights to book with the other.
We've Given You Some Free SwapNights!
- Members with a current membership at time of transition to the new site have been given seven (7) free SwapNights.
- Past members whose membership was not current at time of transition to the new site have been given two (2) free SwapNights.
- This means eligible members can redeem these SwapNights today and travel free immediately or whenever you are ready to travel (SwapNights never expire).
- Login and check your SwapNights balance!
Charge Incidentals Fee
- Members are now able to detail in their listing if they have a small charge to cover incidentals like cleaning (you can also create your own custom incidentals fee as well). Learn more
How To Log Into Your Account on the New SwapNights.com
1. Visit http://swapnights.com/en/onboarding
2. Enter the email you joined with (see above)
3. We'll send you an email with a link to change your password to one of your choice. If you do not receive this email in your inbox within five minutes, check your spam/junk mail folder...it will probably be in there waiting for you!
The link in that email will take you to the password change page that looks like this:
First Steps With Your New Account
Once you change your password (see previous section) you will be logged into your account and taken to your Dashboard.
If you do not arrive at your Dashboard you can get there by clicking on your profile name/picture and selecting 'Dashboard' from the drop down menu:
Once you arrive at your Dashboard, have a play!
Here are some ideas:
1. Check your Profile. Check mobile number etc. Learn more
2. Check your listing(s). Edit if update required. Learn more
3. Add Incidentals Fee to your listing, if applicable. Learn more
- Simplified listing - We have changed the listing format to reduce the amount of detail. This makes it easier to set up and read listings.
- Link to your website - We can link to your property website or listing on another site so members can read more detail if they wish.
- Link to your availability calendar - There is also a separate link you can specify for an availability calendar.
Direct Swaps Already Arranged On The Old Site?
If you have a direct-swap stay booked in the future that you organised through the old site, this will still go ahead just as you arranged. The conversation history for this swap could not be carried over to the new site, but you can start a new one to get in touch with the other member. To contact your swap partner, search for their property and use the 'Contact host' button on their listing (see image below). Do not lodge a new booking because this will require SwapNights to be used!
If you have any questions about the new SwapNights.com website and your account and listing(s) please ask - we are here to help.
To contact us look at the bottom right of your screen right now and you will see one of two buttons:
- [Chat with us] if we are online, click to start a live chat with us
- [Leave a message] if we are offline, click and leave us a message
- Alternatively, lodge a support request with us - click here