If you have a concern upon check-in, message the owner direct via the booking conversation to try and resolve the issue.
Please always contact the owner first to try and reach an agreement for resolution.
If you cannot resolve the issue by mutual agreement with the Owner, you can dispute the booking and suspend transfer of the SwapNights, pending an investigation by SwapNights.com support.
You must lodge this dispute before 12pm the day after check-in.
If you do not lodge your dispute before 12pm the day after check-in your SwapNights will be transferred automatically and this cannot be reversed.
How To Lodge Dispute
1. Sign in to your account here: http://swapnights.com/en/login
2. Navigate to the message conversation for the booking you wish to dispute
3. Click the Dispute button (this Dispute button will only appear in the booking conversation after 12am on Check-in date. Any issue before that time can be resolved by Cancellation of the booking. See below.)
4. You, the owner and SwapNights.com Support will be notified.
5. SwapNights.com Support will then be in touch with all parties to adjudicate and make a decision that will be binding on all parties.
Note that the dispute button will only display from 12am on check-in date to 12pm the day after check-in.
- Before check-in date you can cancel the booking and your SwapNights will not transfer, subject to any applicable cancellation penalty Learn more
- After 12pm the day after check-in you cannot dispute the booking and the SwapNights will transfer automatically to the Owner.
By lodging a dispute with SwapNights.com Support you agree to be bound by the decision of SwapNights.com, whose decision will be final and binding on all parties.
What Happens When a Dispute Is Lodged by the Guest?
1. SwapNights.com will be in contact with the Owner to seek their side of the story. SwapNights.com may also contact the Guest if further clarification is required.
2. SwapNights.com will make a determination on the dispute. All parties are bound by this decision in accordance with the community terms and conditions.
3. Depending on the outcome, the SwapNights for the booking will be moved from Escrow to the successful party and both parties will be notified by email.
4. Owner and Guest will then be able to see the determination reflected in their Dashboard as follows:
- Owners will find the status of the booking on their Dashboard under the heading "Guest requests/bookings"
- Guests will find the status of the booking on their Dashboard under the heading "Your requests/bookings".
And the status codes used in the Dashboard are as follows:
- The status "D-OwnerAwarded" means the SwapNights for this booking were awarded by SwapNights.com to the Owner.
- "D-GuestAwarded" means the SwapNights for this booking were awarded by SwapNights.com to the Guest.
If SwapNights.com decided in favour of the Guest, SwapNights.com may also refund the booking fee (but not the cost of Top Up SwapNights purchased, if any which are non-refundable and will have been returned to the Guest's balance) within 48 hours. This is a manual refund via our payment processor and this refund of booking fee currently does not appear in the SwapNights transaction history in the Dashboard (this is noted as a future enhancement). Instead, the SwapNights.com payment processor will send email confirmation when this refund has been processed.