If a member does not have sufficient SwapNights in their balance to confirm a booking for the length of stay they desire they may be eligible to buy ‘Top Up’ SwapNights.
Price of 'Top Up' SwapNights
'Top Up' SwapNights are $20 per night. In addition, you will also pay the $10 per night booking fee. This is per night, not per person so it is great value.
The proceeds of sale of ‘Top Up’ SwapNights goes to SwapNights.com to assist in the running costs of the service.
Eligibility for Buying ‘Top Up’ SwapNights
The purchase of ‘Top Up’ SwapNights is strictly controlled:
1. Only Fully Verified (that is, Address Verified) members can buy ‘Top Up’ SwapNights; and
2. A Fully Verified Member can buy up to seven (7) ‘Top Up’ SwapNights. The ability to buy additional ‘Top Up’ SwapNights beyond 7 resets every time the member hosts a stay at their own property. This encourages members to accept bookings at their own property and not just buy Top Up SwapNights.
Example: You get Fully Verified. You are then eligible to buy up to 7 Top Up SwapNights. You have a member stay at your property. You are now eligible to buy another 7 Top Up SwapNights. If you have another member stay at your property you can buy another 7 Top Up SwapNights. So, every time a member stays you can build your Top Up SwapNights by another 7. So having a member stay at your property now only earns you SwapNights but also allows you to buy more 'Top Up' SwapNights as well - perfect if you are planning a big trip.
Get Address Verified Today
Members can choose to become Fully Verified by having a code mailed to their personal or business address which is then entered into their profile to activate Fully Verified status.
It can take between 1-3 weeks depending on your location for the Address Verification code to arrive via the normal postal service from our support centre. Therefore, to avoid delay, we recommend arranging Address Verification well in advance of when you intend to make your booking if you think you may need to buy ‘Top Up’ SwapNights.
Being Fully Verified is also provides significant confidence to other members, so as a Fully Verified member you can expect more bookings and acceptances.
Get Fully Address Verified today - Learn more
How to Buy Top Up SwapNights
Once you are Fully Address Verified you can buy Top Up SwapNights as part of the booking process.
You can only buy Top Up SwapNights when you are in the process of confirming a booking that has already been accepted by an Owner. So, if your SwapNights balance is not enough for the number of nights for the booking you are confirming, the system will check that you are eligible to buy Top Up SwapNights. If you are eligible it will add the Top Up SwapNights to the booking fee.
How to Determine Before Booking the Number of Top Up SwapNights You Can Buy
1. Sign in to your account here: http://swapnights.com/en/login
2. Your Dashboard will show the number of Top Up SwapNights you are currently eligible to buy. For example:
In the above example, this member is Fully Address Verified so the system shows the message that they are 'able to buy up to 7 more Top Up SwapNights when booking'. This number will reduce if they buy Top Up SwapNights. This number will then re-set to 7 when they host a stay at their property.
Example To Illustrate
The following example is designed to illustrate how the Top Up SwapNights works:
- Jane is already a Fully Verified Member (Learn more).
- She has made a booking request with an Owner to stay five (5) nights and the Owner has Accepted the booking.
- Jane now wants to Confirm the booking but she only has three (3) SwapNights in her balance today.
- She checks her Dashboard and sees she is eligible to buy up to seven (7) SwapNights. That is good news - she only needs to buy two (2) Top Up SwapNights to be able to Confirm her desired booking.
- So, in the process of Confirming the booking and paying the Booking Fee, Jane will be able to buy the additional two (2) SwapNights she needs to complete the booking.
- After purchasing the two (2) Top Up SwapNights she required to be able Confirm this current booking, Jane will now be eligible to buy five (5) more Top Up SwapNights in the future. However, if Jane has a Guest stay at her own property, her allowance of Top Up SwapNights will increase by 7 - giving her a total allowance of 5 + 7 = 13 SwapNights that she is eligible to buy.
- So, having Guests stay at your property not only earns you SwapNights - it also increases the number of Top Up SwapNights you are eligible to buy, should you ever need them in the future.
Buying Top Up SwapNights When You Have a Negative SwapNights Balance
If your SwapNights balance is negative at the time you Confirm a new booking (generally because you cancelled a booking in the past and the system charged a penalty of SwapNights in accordance with the cancellation policy and this moved your balance into negative) you will be charged for the number of SwapNights your account is in negative in addition to the Top Up SwapNights you are seeking to buy to complete this new booking.