For an overview of the whole booking process, read this article.
As an owner, when you receive a Booking Request you can either Accept or Decline it.
How You Will Know You Have a Booking Request
You will receive notification of a Booking Request by email (and sms if you have a valid mobile number in your profile).
How to Accept or Decline a Booking Request
1. Sign in to your account here: http://swapnights.com/en/login
2. From your Dashboard, go to your Messages Inbox Learn more
3. Accept or Decline - Open the new message and click the relevant button to 'Accept' or 'Decline' the booking.
A standard message will be instantly sent to the Guest (scroll down to confirm the message has been sent and added to the conversation for your records). You can alter the standard message (Learn more) but this must be done before clicking either button.
4. Ask the Guest a Question - If you are not ready to Accept or Decline but instead you want to ask the Guest a question, do not click the Accept or Decline button. Instead, just type a message and click 'Send reply'. The Guest will receive your message and can reply and then you can decide after you get their reply whether to Accept or Decline the Booking.
5. Suggest Alternative Dates - If you are booked for the dates requested and want to suggest alternative dates to the guest, the best thing to do is Decline the booking (click the decline button) and then send a further reply advising the guest what alternative dates you have available and suggest they put in a completely new booking request for those dates. Don't worry, the guest will not pay any penalty if you decline a booking.
The following shows the above steps: