Quick Guide: How To Withdraw or Cancel a Booking
1. Sign in to your account here: http://swapnights.com/en/login
2. Go to your Message Inbox
3. Open the conversation relating to the booking you wish to Withdraw or Cancel
4. Click the red 'Withdraw' or 'Cancel booking' button (see examples images below).
Before you click to cancel the booking, be sure to read the booking cancellation policy to understand what SwapNights you might loose by cancelling this booking.
Understanding Withdrawal, Cancellation and Date Changes
The following gives you more detail about changing bookings.
1. Change Booking Dates
Once a Guest makes a booking enquiry, the dates CANNOT be changed (even if the Owner has not yet Accepted or Declined).
If the Guest or Owner needs to change dates, the current booking enquiry must be Withdrawn (or Cancelled, if already Accepted and Confirmed) and a completely new booking made.
- Generally, this is not a problem because the change happens before the booking is Confirmed and the booking fee is paid. So, Withdrawing the booking and creating a new one does not result in cost to either member.
- If the change of dates is after the booking is Confirmed, there might be a loss of SwapNights, depending on the timing of the cancellation (read the Cancellation Policy). The SwapNights.com booking fee is non-refundable. However, if the change is genuine and new dates are booked with the same property and the booking fee on that new booking has been paid, a Guest can contact SwapNights.com Support to request a booking fee refund for the original booking.
2. Withdraw or Cancel a Booking
How a booking is cancelled depends on the status of the booking:
(1) If the Owner has NOT yet Accepted the booking:
A booking that has not yet been Accepted by the Owner (or has been Accepted by the Owner but the booking has not yet been Confirmed by paying the booking fee) is not a cConformed Booking.
In this case, the Guest who made the request simply needs to Withdraw the booking by going into the booking conversation and clicking the 'Withdraw' button.
(2) If the owner has Accepted and the Booking is Confirmed:
If the Owner has accepted the booking and the booking fee has been paid and the SwapNights have transferred to escrow the booking is now Confirmed.
If later either the Guest or Owner needs to Cancel the booking, either member can do this by clicking the Cancel button in the booking conversation.
A booking cannot be cancelled by either party after 12am on check-in date. The above instructions only apply to cancellation before 12am on check-in date. If it is after 12am on check-in date, the booking cannot be cancelled but can be Disputed if there is a problem (but only up until 12pm the day after check-in). Learn more
If a Guest (or Owner) needs to Cancel a booking that has been Accepted by the Owner, the SwapNights.com Cancellation Policy governs how SwapNights are re-distributed upon cancellation.
Penalties apply for cancellation depending on whether the booking is cancelled by Guest or Owner and whether cancellation is inside or outside 30 days from check-in date. You can read the Cancellation Policy here